Monday, September 9, 2013

Journal Entry #3

Yesterday I was vague, because I was talking to myself in a journal!  Silly me, save talking to yourself for real journals, this one might actually be read.  The masterpiece I mentioned that intrigued and inspired me was Ender's Game, and the book I am currently re-reading (from years long past) is called Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie. 

I haven't read much today, not in the published realm anyhow.  I've been reading over a novel I wrote last year, I want to get the story in my head before I begin the revision process.  The book's working title is "The Falling Darkness." 

Hey, that would be fun, I should list every working title I've had for it.  [There have been a lot, I'm very bad at titles.]  Here goes nothing - "Embers of the Past," "Darkness the Blind can See," "Big Brother," oh and of course, "Working Title."  I'm still not sold on the one I have currently (The Falling Darkness).  I need to rework the novel and then go back and read some of my killer sentences to find something clever.  I like finding something in a sentence, I head that was what Tolkien always did.  Not hard for "The Hobbit" I suppose.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Titles eventually turn up. The original title for 'The Great Gatsby' was 'Trimalchio.' I like 'Darkness the Blind Can See.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I thought it was too melodramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be a twist on the Grateful Dead lyric about 'even a blind man can see the sunshine.'

    ReplyDelete