Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Journal #4

[This is from yesterday, I just forgot to post it]



I didn't read a single line of a book today.  I wish I could quit my job and spend the entire day reading (except for breaks to write) every day.  That would be Utopia.  But we all know that Utopia eventually leads to Dystopia, so what does that say about reading?  What kind of a person would I become if I had my way?  Maybe I would sink into my own cynicism, because if I spent all day every day reading then I would have to fill the time with lesser books.  Maybe that would ruin me.  Or perhaps I would read so much fluff that I would degenerate as a writer.  Or maybe the lack of social interaction would be a problem.  Probably not. 

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about running out of nutritional books and having to subsist on a diet of fluff.

    And fluff has its place! Good fluff is hard to do fluffy enough, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about running out of nutritional books and having to subsist on a diet of fluff.

    And fluff has its place! Good fluff is hard to do fluffy enough, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I feel like I'm having déjà vu.

    ReplyDelete