Saturday, September 7, 2013

Journal Entry #1

Journal Entry #1

Journals entries are supposed to be go-with-the-flow, just words thrown on a page that make up me.  Then why am I finding this hard?  This is my third time starting over.  Oh, I know why.  My journals have all been private up until now.  It's hard to be really real with people.  But that's a writer's job after all.  I'll talk about my dream last night.  Dreams are funny things.  Why do we dream?  Why did God give us dreams?  Or are they not from God at all?  Sometimes we wake up crying or sweating - they always seem so real.  It's funny how in our subconscious we are all equally fearful, child-like, and believing. My sister says I have the best dreams, so full of action.  I agree with her.  I don't dream often, but when I do I make it count.  Last night I was kidnapped, I was in an airport and some masked men were trying to prevent a flight from taking off.  So they made a big scene with me going missing, and it worked.  The flight never took off.  I hate how I always wake up before I get the bigger picture though.  At the same time, it's entertaining as a writer to make up possible endings or plots to go along with my dreams.  I planned to do so much more by this time in the day.  I wanted to hike and work on my written correspondence, but instead I went on a drive.  Oh well, plans change.  I've never really liked change though.  Life is change though, so I should get used to it.  

3 comments:

  1. My advice for regular-but-private journal writers is to make the journal for the week a focused journal--to pick an issue or daily thing and just write about that. Could be meals, commute, school issues, hiking, your reading. Something along those lines to give yourself some structure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those are more-or-less public things that might be easier to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! I'll definitely do it about my reading. Or my hiking. Well, reading works better since I don't hike every single day. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete