Wednesday, December 15, 2021

A snapshot

Coy glances from little eyes while he finds trouble to get in and out of. 


Good morning and Goodnight and I love you - three phrases repeated so often they almost lose their meaning. Almost. 


A strong hand, open, and reaching out to hold mine. 


A tiny hand with little fingers, patting my arm while I nurse his little sister.


Heaven growing sweeter with each addition - how could I have thought I would get bored with eternity? I could spend forever just sitting in communion with these people, with my Savior. 


Oh yeah! Aw, man. Okay. He go (here you go). Dees dees (please). Uh you (love you). And all of his little words and phrases.


Redundantly, a thousand more “I love you’s” - over and over and over so they never doubt that I do. 

3 comments:

  1. The old memory--it's a steel trap!

    What is Hazel Jane's birth day? Do you call her 'Hazel' and save 'Hazel Jane' for when she's a naughty girl? Or do all the syllables have to come out in a loving rush? What does Solomon think about the whole little sister deal?

    ReplyDelete