Saturday, March 10, 2018

Now that you’re gone, too

Gina Giovanni
I’m sorry for abandoning you - I still cry when I think about it. I know it’s useless, I guess it’s just  hard to know what to say after the mountaintop we shared crumbled. I’m sorry for being less than you deserve.

C. Glacier
You’re running after a love I know is sinking. It will drown you if you let it, but my best efforts to warn you are ignored. I hope I’m wrong. I hope you survive.

Fiona Smythe
I killed you, didn’t I? I didn’t intend to, but somehow it seemed so much easier than telling you the truth. Maybe someday the silence that replaced you will become comfortable.  I’m sorry I lost the right to care about you. Just so you know, I still do.

Nightmare
I got in the car with you last night - late. You told me where to go and together we drove up that mountain. It was cold but you kept me warm with hot tears - reminding me of that day. Of the stage I stood on, the part I played. You told me I should be grateful for the memories and for you. After all, you never left me

2 comments:

  1. Ha!--those are the old Carolyn See exercises from ENG 162, and you nail them. This kind of thing is one of your great DVH strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really loved a lot of your assignments, they’re worth revisiting.

    ReplyDelete